Friday, August 31, 2012

Forward

Today I did something brave, not just for me but for anyone these days. I quit my job. I took the first step towards big changes in my life and it frightens me, and excites me all at once.

I cannot live the life of day in day out going to a nine-to-five style job. That's not me. I've realized that I refuse to follow the traditional path of work. It's not just that i don't want to. It's that I literally can't. It takes away who I am and overwhelms me with a sense of loss and discomfort. I'm not me when I wait tables or refill ketchup bottles. My comfort is gone when i work in a place where everyone acts like it's high school. It shouldn't be high school.

So I'm moving forward. Two weeks from today I'll no longer be a waitress. One week from today I'll be at first Friday selling my paintings. Today though? Today I'm just a girl relaxing, today I'm the girl who's ready to move forward. Today is the day where I am terrified. Because it won't be easy.

But tomorrow? Tomorrow is the day I refuse to stop failing.

No comments:

Post a Comment