Monday, September 3, 2012

Superheros

I like Batman. Batman has always been my superhero favorite, and I've never had much interest in the others, I don't know why but it's just the way it's always been.

Last night I went to see The Amazing Spiderman and The Avengers. And suddenly it's like I'm just a huge superhero fan, rather then just a Batman fan. There's something about superheros that I love, it's not just the action packed crime fighting all around awesomeness, or even just the humor (which, who doesn't love?) I think it's the fact that all superheros start out no different then the rest of us. Maybe I'm off a little bit - I don't read comics, and I haven't done in depth research about the start of all the superheros and how they became super or anything. But it seems as though they all start off normal (Except Thor, forget Thor he doesn't count) and I think that's awesome.

Normal people who have something happen to them and use the opportunity to fight crime, and try to keep people safe? And to do it for free? It's kind of amazing. I think that's the part that makes them super to me. The power or abilities they have doesn't have anything to do with them being super. It's the choices they make.

It's like, in a way, we can all be superheros. Just by doing things that are right instead of turning a blind eye or choosing to do something bad. We just don't need a mask to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment